The Instruction Team at The Clubs of Prestonwood believes in focusing on fundamentally proven athletic movements to fit each individual, rather than having the student conform to one method. With the help of creative goal setting, drills and state of the art technology, we can improve our students enjoyment on the golf course.
Our ladies classes are based on fun and social interaction. Whether you are a complete beginner trying to find out if golf is for you, or a golfer looking to improve your game, this program will benefit you. Our instructors will guide you every step of the way through the fundamentals (putting, short game, full swing, on course experience) in a relaxed, safe, and fun environment.
G.L.I.T.z is a Ladies-Only Instruction Class that is open to all golf members. This is an opportunity to work on your game in a relaxed, group setting, while having one of our PGA Teaching Professionals lead you through drills and practice. Topics vary from class to class but will always be for the betterment of your golf game, no matter your skill level.
- $30 per session
- Class size usually 2-8 students
- Year-Round (No-Holidays)
Social Night Class
The G.L.I.T.z classes Thursday evenings will be our ‘Social’ Class. Come out for some instruction and a drink on us!
- $30 per session (Includes a drink ticket redeemable for one (1) alcoholic beverage)
- Class size usually 2-8 students
- March – October (No class Nov. – Feb.)
**Please note that ALL clinics will require registration to attend**
**Registration will be accepted up to one (1) week prior to the desired clinic date and no less than twenty-four (24) hours prior.**
**If you cannot attend a clinic for which you are registered, you must call/email and cancel before 6:00pm the night before.**
|Year-Round (No Holidays)||Creek||Hills|
|Tuesday||9:00am – 10:00am||Closed|
|**Thursday||**6:30p – 7:30pm|
|Saturday||9:00am – 10:00am|
**Seasonal March-October (No Class Nov. – Feb.)
Clinics & Classes
Saturday Noon Clinic
Come join our instruction team every Saturday from 12:00pm – 1:00pm at the Clubs of Prestonwood Hills course for a complementary clinic! Open to all Clubs of Prestonwood adult members and guests. A weekly rotation of putting, short game, and full swing instruction will be sure to cover everything you need to tune up all the different parts of your game in a relaxed and fun environment! Just ask the golf shop!
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Rotating Subjects – Putting / Short Game / Full Swing
- Open to all Clubs of Prestonwood Adult Members and Guests
Get Golf Ready Classes
Get Golf Ready is designed to teach everything you’ll need to play golf in just a few lessons. Each session will focus on the various golf skills you will use while playing. In addition to learning the basics, you will be guided onto the golf course to put your skills into action in a casual, friendly setting. No equipment needed!
Of the course of 4 lessons you’ll discover:
- Warm up, stretching and wellness tips
- The best ways to hold the club and get ready before you take a swing
- Getting the ball close to the hole — chipping, pitching and other shots from short distances
- Caring for the course
- Getting comfortable with the full swing
- Using your irons to get the ball in the air and onto the green Learning the ‘lingo’, like fairway & rough, tee box & green, divot & bunker, and more
- Having more fun using ‘It’s Okay’ as the way to play
- Swinging your driver and other ‘big’ clubs to hit the long shots
- Starting your play from the correct tee markers — use TEE IT FORWARD to have more fun
- Helpful shortcuts to save time while you play
- Linking all that you’ve learned to play a few holes
- Tips for playing in groups, on teams and other fun ways to play
- Getting you more comfortable on the course and where to drive the cart
- Review of the rules and keeping score
- More opportunities for you to come back and play golf
Group Scheduling Available!
- Four 90-minute classes
- $120/person Times and Location
- Customizable Group Size up to 10 People *minimum of 4
- ‘Ladies Only’ Classes Available
Any questions or comments should be directed to Chaz Edwards, Director of Golf Instruction.
Custom Club Fitting